Monday, June 30, 2008

Speedy days

why is this post call "speedy days"?

reason number 1:

I'VE PASSED MY DRIVING TEST!!!!!

hahaha.. finally!! after 3 failed attempts..

Most importantly, i passed. yes now i am one step closer to my F1 Ferrari dream. watch out u F1 skunks. i'm gonna burn the road right in front of u!

the feeling is so good. like a heavy 100 tonnes rock lifted from my heart. i would say it really was a perfect drive for me today. Every thing was silky smooth. All the elements of driving were there (as what my previous instructor mentioned). haha. lemme recall them...

they are:
1) wind
2) water
3) fire
4) earth
5) sun

and captain Planet!!... ok oops.. that was lame.. (pardon me, i'm in a state of euphoria!)

no la.. they are actually:
1) weather - clear sky plus bright sun!
2) road conditions - perfect time as it was after lunch break time and no construction works
3) luck - guess lady luck FINALLY smiles on me
4) other on-road drivers - well there was this annoying guy who horned at me. but hey, it didn't affect me because i wasn't in the wrong!
5) the tester - ironically, he is the instructor that took me on my first test! haha. he was ok la
6) you yourself - i had more confidence after my new instructor assure me i will do just fine!

YES baby! vroom~!

haha. alright now.. to 2nd half of my speedy post

reason number 2:

Yellowfish group had a brick training at East Coast Park on sunday. It was a costal ride of varying 60 - 70km (depending on ur speed) and a run which is about 9 - 10km.

Training in a group is very different from training alone or with one or two friends (which i've experienced with Team Runfanatics and Yellowfish group). It's so much more fun and everyone has high spirit. It also provides u with more challenges when u meet up against people who is much more experienced and stronger (crucial for amateurs like me). They teach u new things, tell u more and it's just like an interact session. i wish i can have more of these sessions!

well about the training now. the cycling was pretty good. costal is a flat and straight road where u can go aero for very long. i was up in the lead pack for a while and i start to feel very bored. haha. and they were starting to get too fast for me. so i wondered off to Changi for a while before heading back. and guess who i met up with!? May-e (Mr Nate's mum~!!) and Jacq (the girl who ran with me in the last half of my Sundown Marathon). We just talked and cruised our way slowly back to carpark F2. however, along the way, Jacq's front wheel rubbed my back wheel and she fell. she had some pretty bad road rash but being the tough girl she is, she pushed on back to the carpark and later, even ran so fast!



pretty bad huh?

JACQ, recover soon! hope to see u burn the roads again soon!

afterall, this is part and parcel of being a triathlete. we train, we fall, we suffer, all for the sake of doing something we love.

alright. time to share some photos. not much.. just some random ones =)


May-e leading plus Jacq at the back! smiles!


Jacq all bandaged up and still smiling!


Jane and the very tired look!


told coach that he's a bit "niang" and he always torture me in the pool when i say that!
NIANG FISH! dun call yellowfish anymore.


(left to right) Alvin, me, my Felt bumblebee, Don and May-e!

that's all for now folks!

No comments: