Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Training

o gosh! i actually forgot to post my training for a while alr. haha i think necessary for me to keep pushing myself. especially with my races upcoming. Run trg is formulated by Sham (Team Runfanatics coach)

monday - easy run 6.5km

tuesday - speed/track training: 6 x 400m with 2 minutes jog interval

wednesday - long run for 40 minutes@ 60 - 70% effort (zone 2)

thursday - gym session following Mark Allen's workout

friday - morning: swim drills
- evening: 1 hour ride + 30 minutes run

saturday - Team Runfanatics weekly track/gym training

sunday - Yellowfish Brick session of 2.5 hr bike + 40 minutes run

it seems like the mileage is fairly short but intensity of the runs are very high. Sham say it's time to do speedwork to increase my capacity to "kick" towards the last half of the race.

my training is geared towards more running because i am training for it to be my strongest discipline out of the three. i will gradually try to put in 2 swim and 2 bike sessions to keep my other 2 disciplines up. when school starts, i would have to slot in gym session for core muscles trg and all. Calvin was kind enough to send me a copy of Mark Allen's gym workout which i think, works well. =)

school gonna start on 18th August!

No comments: