Saturday, July 12, 2008

Races

just read Zihao's blog and he posted bout all his races. glad that he finally came back to running after a break from injury. welcome back bro~!!

guess i should post my races too. i've been diligently planning the various races i should go to prepare myself for the end of year Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon. Sham a.k.a coach also advised me with regards to what races i should go to so that i can keep track of my progress.

13th July - OSIM International Triathlon (1.5km swim relay section)
target - 30 minutes

this is the pre-race warm up swim for the upcoming Port Dickson race. i haven't break the 30 minutes barrier so far in open water swim. last swam was Singapore Biathlon which i did 34 minutes. i have been training under coach and since it's a relay, i can give my all out in the swim. hope to do it under 30.

20th July - Port Dickson Olympic Distance Triathlon (1.5km swim, 40km bike, 10km run)
target - 2 hour 45 minutes ( 35 minutes swim, 1 hour 20 minutes bike, 50 minutes run)

this will be my first triathlon and i don't want to give myself too much pressure. completion is always the target. of course, a target is essential to push myself. a lot of my fellow classmates and friends are going! i think it will be fun! good luck folks!!

24th August - Army Half Marathon (21km)
target - 1 hour 45 minutes

last year i didn't attend AHM due to an injured ankle. this year, i'm more prepared and will tackle this race with all my best. the target is hard but i think if i push hard enough, i can achieve it.

31st August - Nike Human Race (10km)
target - 50 minutes

this is a cool down race from AHM. a race which is more "fun" than being serious about. a lot of friends are joining and i think it's cool to just run alongside them to enjoy running. sometimes we just forgot how fun it is to just.. run. we are too concerned about timing. this race will just keep our passion and aim in sync.

7th December - Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon (42.195km)
target - 3 hour 45 minutes

a sub 4 timing. sham set this for me and i believe in myself that i will be able to do this. it's right after my exams and i may not be able to perform at peak form. but i will try. at least not fall short of the timing i did in Sundown Marathon which proves to be a tougher race due to the timing of the race and more challenging terrain. Standard Chartered Marathon is flatter and a much more familiar route.

These are a series of races that lead up to the big one (standard chartered marathon). there has been much talk about the Aviva Ironman 70.3. a lot of people asked me to join next year. whether i am ready... will depends on what my coaches say. and how i feel about myself. if i want to do it, i want to do it good. meanwhile, next year (2009) will be lined up with a series of ODs to prepare myself.

school is starting soon. 18th August. there's a whole new challenge on its own. how i can manage studies and training.. that's tricky..

wish me luck!

to all who have many races to come (esp those with consecutive races), good luck!
to Zihao, bro, pace urself out, take it easy if u aren't feeling great. all the best!

No comments: