Tuesday, November 18, 2008

definition of bliss

u know, how in our lives, we have always strive to search for the definition of bliss and happiness. yet, we are still struggling in finding out the truth. i finally understood why it is so. that's because we are not in it yet, therefore we don't get the true meaning of it.

two of my dearest Team Runfanatics teammates are getting married in M'sia soon (which i will be driving for over 2 hours to! in a Honda Odyssey. scary..) Tricia and Billy, just to let you all know, i am really glad to see the both of you tying the knot because you two are just so made for each other.

i was very touched when i saw this on Tricia's blog. (Tricia, pls allow me to quote this here).. though it's not decorated in very flowery words, the definition capture the essence and personalise her very own feelings and thoughts on what bliss is all about. here we go.. enjoy..

"I have simple definitions of bliss.

When he takes pain and injures himself to fix up the study room because he feels I need more space to study.

When he’s tired yet still stays up to keep me company while I mug for exams.

When he wants to go out for a walk or train but still choose to come home to give me morale support.

When he ferries me to and fro school with no complaints.

When he gets up early on the morning of my exams and goes out to ta-pao vegetarian bee hoon for me to eat before I head out for school.

His frankness and honesty to reason with me what he feels is good and not.

When I’ve ordered hor fun and he orders mee goreng, yet I want to swap with him because I feel his mee goreng tastes better. He’ll willingly swap.

When my cooking is horrendous yet he’ll still finish them up and tell me it’s not bad. Hee!

When I want to run and he has an injury. He’ll still run with me.

When I start blaming myself for the stupid mistakes I’ve made, he tells me he’ll still love me no matter what.

When he shoulders on burden that should have been shared, because he wants me to save my money for studies.

When he always give me the best yet scrimp on himself.

Even when he was tired from all the extra assignments and part time work he had to do, he will always tell me it's ok, because he wants to earn more for our future.

When we dream about what we want to do in the years to come together."

Written by Tricia..

beautiful.. isn't it" =D

No comments: