Friday, October 16, 2009

When using the best is not an entitlement of the winners

We feel the same pounding on the tarmac. Same jaw grinding during crunches. Pespiration, lactic and pain. It’s all the same.

For many, if a ‘normal’ person is to do something extraordinary or similar to what winners would do, their mind will be filled of pretense description of this very person. This hurts, especially for people always on the ‘2nd tier’ of competition. I haven’t won any races before but a few considerable good rankings, best being 2nd.

I believe we are all entitle to our right of giving ourselves the best in order to race our best even when our best may not be the best in the race. What’s wrong with getting a good set of racing wheels for my bike? I may not be super speedy on the bike but if it makes me feel good while racing, where’s the harm? Many commit the fallacy of thinking that the equipments you own determine who you are. It’s true that seasoned athletes do their research and are very profound in their equipment knowledge. Some pros are sponsored thus using the state of the art stuff. Yet ‘commoners’ who use these ‘good’ equipments are ‘suppose’ to perform. Often, you will hear people saying “Aiya, I’ve a $2000 bike and I still win your $10000 bike.” Listen to yourself and laugh.

No comments: